Welcome To Air Quality and Environmental Pollution Research Laboratory
Air Quality and Environmental Pollution Research Laboratory (AQEPRL) was established in 2014 with a joint collaboration with Wuppertal University, Germany and the financial support of Higher Education Enhancement Project (HEQEP). The urban areas of Bangladesh have been facing severe air pollution because of rapid and unplanned urbanization and industrialization.
The aims of AQEPRL are to monitor ambient air quality, to study the effect of pollution on plant growth, and to predict human health risks. Recently, the AQEPRL has extended its activity of research in the fields of water and soil pollutions. The research activities have been directly supported by the faculty members of the Dhaka University. The main objectives of the AQEPRL are to enhance research activities regarding the assessment of the Atmospheric Scenario of Bangladesh by observing different unwanted gaseous and solid constituents in the air.
AQEPRL has several advanced research facilities including continuous ambient air monitoring station (CAMS), mobile PM10 and PM2.5 samplers, particle size and shape analyzer, biosafety cabinet for microbiological analysis etc. Master’s and Ph.D. students have access to these facilities during their studies. So far, seven MS students completed their thesis from this laboratory. website: http://dhaka1.uni-wuppertal.de/
Senior Scientist: Dr. Muhammad Nurul Huda, Ph.D in Engineering, Nagoya University, Japan, Postdoc: Nagoya University; Japan, UTM; Malaysia, University of Cambridge; UK.
Executive Engineer: Md. Fakrul Islam
|Establishing an Air Quality Monitoring Station.||2012-2015||34,542,000.00||HEQEP|
|Characterization and Source Identiﬁcation of Particulate matters in Road Side Dust and its Impact on Environment||2018-2020||15000 USD||The World Academy of Science|
|Assay of Chemical Components in Particulate Matter in the Air around Dhaka University Campus.||2016-2017||300,000.00||Ministry of Science & Technology Bangladesh|
|Assay of Chemical Components in Particulate Matter in the Air around Dhaka University Campus (Ex).||2017-2018||300,000.00||Ministry of Science & Technology Bangladesh|
|Chemical and Morphological Characteristics of Particulate Matter Suspended in the Air of the different dusty environment of Bangladesh||2018-2021||2,000,000.00||Bangladesh Bureau of Educational Information & Statistics (BANBEIS)|
- 1. Zuairia Binte Jashim , Shahid Akhtar Hossain , Mohammad Enayet Hossain, Md. Mominul Islam , Jahan- E-Gulshan & Muhammad Nurul Huda. Effects of Air Borne Particulate Matter on the Plants Grown in Different Areas of Dhaka Mega City, Bangladesh: An Air Pollution Tolerance Study. Environmental Claims Journal, 2000, DOI: 10.1080/10406026.2020.1858606
- 2. Nurul Huda, Shahid A. H. M.M. Islam, Fakrul Islam. Chemical and Morphological Characteristics of Particulate Matter Suspended in the Air of the Dhaka University Area of Bangladesh. Open Journal of Air Pollution, Open Journal of Air Pollution, 2018, 7, 95-106.
- 3. Hafiz. A. H., Nurul Huda, Ferdaou. Z., Nahida S., Shahid A. Hossain,, Ambient air quality scenario in and around Dhaka city of Bangladesh, Barishal university journal, part 1,vol 4, issue 1, 2007
- 4. Nurul Huda,*, Wenhan Li,*,Meilin Dai,and Lvrong Lin: Kinetic Study on Mercury Sorption from Fuel Gas, Energy & Fuels 2017, 31, 1820−1824
- 5. Nurul Huda, M. Rashid, Nahida Sultana. Dominant Influence of the terminal molecule of PNIPA chain on Wettability, Sains Malaysiana 46(2)(2017): 309–315