Welcome To Fermentation and Pilot plant Laboratory
This laboratory has been established to carry out research on bioprocess development for the production of useful biological products by applying biotechnology. The laboratory is equipped with two bench-top fermenters (7 L and 14 L) and a pilot scale fermenter (120 L). Auxiliary facilities are also available.
- Scientist and Lab-in-Charge: Md. Arafat Al Mamun (Skilled in Bioprocess development for production of microbial enzymes)
- Post doctoral fellow: Md. Asaduzzaman Shishir, Ph.D (Microbiology), working with Bacillus thuringiensis bio-pesticide development.
- Research Fellow: Amika Ahmed Manzum, M.S. (Botany), B.S. (Botany)
- Laboratory Attendant: Md. Kamal Hossain, Diploma (Clinical Pathology)
Activities, Research and Services:
- Bioprocess development for production of proteases for hide and skin processing in Bangladesh tanneries
- Development of enzyme assisted and enzyme mediated processes for dehairing of skins and hides in Tanneries
- Bioprocess development for production of cellulase and amylase enzymes to be used in textile fabrics processing
- Characterization and production of peptide antibiotics by Bacillus spp
- Large scale production of Bacillus thuringiensis biopesticides in Bangladesh
- Screening of bacteria for production of thrombolytic enzymes
- Demonstration & operation of bioreactor (Fermenter) system to the students from different departments
- Short term and long term training program and R &D for developing new bioprocess for industries can be provided