Welcome To Cell and Tissue Culture Laboratory
Cell and Tissue Culture Laboratory was launched in Centre for Advanced Research in Sciences (CARS) in January 2013 to meet the increased demand of cell culture techniques in modern science.
This laboratory is designed for all type of animal cell culture based study up to molecular level including virus culture, viral infection, and viral infection inhibition study etc.
We have one Biosafety Level 1 (BSL-1) and two Biosafety Level 2 (BSL-2) units: one for cell culture and another for virus infection. All units are properly equipped according to the WHO instruction. We ensure excellent laboratory environment leaded by a set of well-qualified and experienced scientists/researchers/technicians. They are:
- Sheikh Ariful Hoque, Ph.D (Virology), MPH (Epidemiology), B.Sc. (Microbiology)
- Tania Hussain, Ph.D (Plant Microbiology), M.Sc. (Botany), B.Sc. (Botany)
- Ummay Nasrin Sultana, M.Sc. (Biochemistry), B.Sc. (Biochemistry)
- Amika Ahmed Manjum, M.Sc. (Botany), B.Sc. (Botany)
- Kamal Hussain, Diploma (Lab pathology)
Our scientists and researchers pursue a wide range of research interests.
For analytical services, training, research collaboration please visit http://cellculturedu.weebly.com/